Tips to convince wife to lose weight

First of all, I appreciate the situation you're in. It's one many men have to face, and one I've faced, and honestly we're not well equipped to deal with it. Here's my advice, for what it's worth, on the subject.

Let me start by saying this: You can't convince your wife to lose weight. Weight is a HUGE control issue for women. It's the big red button in the middle of the control panel, and it has a sign over it saying "DO NOT HIT THIS BUTTON". When she decides she wants to deal with it, she will deal with it. Until then, it's probably best to love and support her the best way you know how.

My wife currently ways about 150Kg (I'm not sure what it is exactly, since it's apparently a matter of national security). Her Doctor is telling her to lose weight. Her joints and feet are telling her to lose weight. The multi-billion dollar ad industry is telling her to lose weight. Random insensitive pedestrians are telling her to lose weight. Her family have been telling her the same thing for years. She doesn't need to hear it from me. What she needs to hear from me is that I love and support her and will help in whatever way I can, when asked (and not before).

I am carrying some extra freight myself (I weigh about 90Kg) that I need to take off. So I've started working on it. I haven't asked her to join me. I haven't told her how great I feel. I haven't threatened to leave her for a skinny-mini when I get into shape. On the contrary, I've reassured her otherwise. I've just been working patiently and diligently to get my weight under control and bring it down a bit. I figured, maybe she'll join me, maybe she won't. I asked her to stash her goodies out of eyesight so I won't be tempted by them. Eventually, she joined Weight Watchers, we've put the whole house on a diet (certain naughty food things will no longer have a temporary home in our house), and she's working on it. I don't ask if she's lost weight, I don't tell her or even ask her what she should or should not be eating or doing. I don't take ownership of Her Project. It's hers, and I'm here to help. My expectation (and this is probably the hardest part) is limited to wanting her to be healthier and happier. The rest of it is up to her.

Also Visit - AISHWARYA RAI PHOTOGALLERY

Digg this

No comments: